SALE OF MATERIALS.
- Seller agrees to sell, transfer and deliver the Materials to Buyer for the purchase price set forth in the Order, subject to all of the covenants, terms, and conditions hereof.
- Buyer agrees to purchase the Materials, subject to all of the covenants, terms, and conditions hereof, and to pay Seller the purchase price set forth in the Order. Typographical and other clerical errors in the Order are subject to correction. Buyer reserves the right at any time to modify the Order upon notice to Seller. Upon such notice, Buyer and Seller shall negotiate an equitable adjustment in price and/or time of performance. Buyer shall have the right to stop all or part of the work under the Order or cancel any future delivery of any Materials upon notice to Seller.
- Seller agrees to obtain from Buyer a purchase order number for any and all purchase orders of goods and/or services. Seller further agrees it will clearly reference the purchase order number on the applicable invoice(s). Seller acknowledges that any invoice submitted to Buyer that does not clearly reference Buyer’s corresponding purchase order number may be considered invalid by Buyer and may result in delayed payment.
PURCHASE PRICE AND TERMS OF PAYMENT.
- Materials shipped against this Agreement shall be invoiced at the price set forth in the Order. Unless otherwise specified on the Order, payment of the purchase price shall be due seventy-days after the later of Buyer’s receipt of Seller’s correct invoice for such shipment or the date on which the Materials are received by Buyer. Seller agrees that it will take no adverse action against Buyer for any invoices not paid to result from Seller’s failure to obtain or clearly reference purchase order numbers on the applicable invoices or accurately invoice Buyer.
- The purchase price for the Materials shall include all taxes, customs duties, customs fees or other governmental charges due with respect to the Materials. Buyer shall, however, pay for any taxes that it is statutorily required to pay. Seller shall provide Buyer with documentation satisfactory to Buyer that establishes Buyer’s statutory liability to pay such taxes. If Seller fails to provide such documentation, Buyer shall not be obligated to pay any such taxes.
- Seller shall be responsible for all shipping and insurance costs, including without limitation, packing, crating, cartage and freight costs.
- Buyer may set off any amount owing at any time from Seller to Buyer or any of its affiliates against any amount payable at any time by Buyer.
SHIPMENT, DELIVERY, AND ACCEPTANCE.
- Seller shall deliver the Materials F.O.B. to the place designated for shipment by Buyer in the Order. Seller shall follow any shipping instructions provided by Buyer and shall properly and carefully package the Materials for shipment. Any loss or damage, whenever occurring, which results from Seller’s improper packaging or crating shall be borne by Seller. Notwithstanding anything in the foregoing to the contrary, title to and risk of loss of the Materials shall pass to Buyer only upon receipt of the same by Buyer, and any rightful rejection or revocation of any Materials by Buyer shall immediately shift the risk of loss of such Materials, wherever located, to Seller. Seller agrees that any contrary provisions of Sections 2-509
and 2-510 of the Uniform Commercial Code shall not apply to this Agreement.
- All items shipped shall be properly identified with Buyer’s purchase order number and any purchase order item number or other identification number shown. Seller accepts full responsibility for the completeness and accuracy of all transport and customs documentation (“Shipping Documents”) provided to Buyer. Seller accepts any liabilities resulting from incomplete or inaccurate data on Shipping Documents or failure to comply with any import or export requirements.
- Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, Buyer shall have a reasonable opportunity to inspect the Materials after the same have been delivered to Buyer’s premises. Buyer shall not be deemed to have accepted any such Materials until the expiration of such reasonable time for inspection. The parties acknowledge and understand that Buyer may inspect any commercial lot of the Materials consisting of numerous units of the same product by inspecting only a reasonable sampling of such units and that
- Buyer may revoke acceptance of any other units of such commercial lot which Buyer at a later time discovers to be defective. Upon rejection or revocation of acceptance of any Materials, Seller promptly shall replace or correct, at Buyer’s option, any unsatisfactory units at Seller’s expense, including all shipping costs.
- Buyer’s failure to inspect or reject Materials, or payment for Materials, shall not relieve Seller of any of its obligations hereunder or constitute a waiver of any of Buyer’s rights hereunder.